- Abolish tuition fees. Write off student debt.
- Restore EMA. Campaign for full living grants to cover the living costs of all students in post-16 education – including those at university.
- No to higher and further education funding cuts. Defend every course, job and service.
- No to academies and Free Schools.
- For exam boards and all other privatised services to be taken back into public ownership – no repeat of this year’s exam mistakes fiasco!
- Stop the marketisation and privatisation of universities in Britain. No to
the government’s white paper and a two-tier Higher Education system. No
university should be allowed to go to the wall!
- Lift the cap on places and publicly fund the expansion of high quality higher
- Build local anti-cuts campaigns and ‘Youth Fight for Education’ groups in every school, college and university, linked on both a regional and a national level.
- Support action taken by education workers to defend their conditions and our education –their fight is our fight.
- For the transformation of Students’ Unions into fighting organisations, with
bottom-up democratic structures.
- For a fighting NUS.
- For education that is fully funded, publicly owned, democratically run and
universally free at all levels – a socialist education system.
Work and Welfare
- Support the Youth Fight for Jobs campaign.
- No to mass youth unemployment- for a decent job for all.
- No to the government’s slave labour ‘workfare’ schemes. For decent training opportunities and apprenticeships for young people which pay at least the minimum wage, with a guaranteed job at the end.
- No job losses in the public or private sector. When private bosses claim they can’t afford to maintain jobs, we say open the books. Let us see where the money has gone.
- For nationalisation of companies threatening closure, under democratic control with compensation given on the basis of proven need.
- Fight for a minimum wage of at least £8 an hour as a step towards a living wage.
- No cuts to housing or other benefits.
- End lower benefit rates for young people – for the right to Job Seekers Allowance at 16.
- No to ‘workfare’ and slave labour internships. For decent jobs paid at least a minimum wage of £8 an hour.
- Support the National Shop Stewards’ Network anti-cuts campaign which fights all cuts to jobs and services
- The immediate re-opening of all youth services that have been closed, including reinstating sacked staff.
- Defend the right to protest. No to the victimisation of student protesters. For the right to organise in every school, college and campus.
- No to ‘kettling’ and police violence on demonstrations.
- No to racism, sexism, homophobia and all other forms of discrimination.
- Fight the far-right racist BNP and EDL. Jobs, homes and services- not racism. Build mass campaigns to defend communities.
- No platform for fascists in education.
- Rape is never the victim’s fault. For a mass campaign against sexism.
- No to reactionary attacks on women’s rights.
- Defend and extend abortion rights.
- No to the three main bosses’ parties. For a new mass workers’ party that fights in the interests of ordinary people.
For International Solidarity and Socialism
- For solidarity between working class and young people across the world.
- Solidarity with the Arab Spring – No to western intervention – it is on behalf of big business and capitalism.
- No to war and imperialist intervention. For the Immediate withdrawal of all foreign troops from Afghanistan and Iraq.
- End the siege of Gaza.
- No to Trident nuclear missile replacement
- Support the Sri Lanka Tamil Solidarity campaign – for the right of all people to self-determination.
- No to environmental destruction. For a sustainable democratic socialist plan of production that won’t destroy the planet.
- No to capitalism. For a socialist world, where the big monopolies are taken into public ownership, the economy is democratically planned and resources are used to meet the needs of all humanity.